Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting nutrients like lutein and zeaxanthin (1).
Eggs are also great for eye and brain health.
Since egg salad is one of America’s favorite ways to eat eggs, why not kick it up a notch with a little avocado and turmeric: the vegetable is full of protein, potassium and healthy fats while the spice can help fight inflammation and even cancer!
Avocado Egg Salad
Makes 4 Servings and only takes about 5-7 minutes. To cut the time and achieve a smoother texture, use a food processor.
- 8 eggs hardboiled, peeled & cooled
- 2 fresh & ripe avocados, pitted and scooped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion (per taste)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mash eggs, avocado and mayonnaise using a fork.
- Next, add vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, turmeric, and cayenne.
- Mash until all ingredients are of the consistency to your liking.
- Stir in onion and parsley.