The skin on the feet is can sometimes become cracked and dry due to lack of moisture. This is a very common issue that many people struggle with. It can be caused by numerous reasons including the following:
- Using harsh soaps that contain chemicals which damage the skin on the feet
- Being overweight
- Certain medical conditions
- Standing for too long
- Improper footwear
Luckily there are various methods that can help you remove the dead skin in order to have smooth and beautiful looking feet. The following remedy is natural and very efficient for treating this common issue.
Baking soda remedy for smooth feet
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- Some lavender oil (optional)
- 4-5 liters of warm water
- Soft scrub sponge or a brush
Preparation and use:
Pour the water in a food basin and then add the baking soda and the lavender oil. Wait a little until the baking soda dissolves and then soak your feet in for about 15-20 minutes. Then, scrub the dead skin thoroughly using the brush or sponge.
Afterwards pat dry your feet and apply some moisturizer and put on socks in order to seal it in. If you can sleep with your socks on you can leave them overnight so that the moisturizer will work even better. This method should be repeated 1-2 times a week.
Important tips for keeping the skin on the feet soft
- Exfoliate your feet at least once a week
- Keep a pumice stone in the shower so that you remember to use it more often
- Moisturize your feet more often
- Always remember to apply sunscreen
- Let your toes breathe
- Avoid eating too much packed food and sugar